What a postnatal doula does changes from day to day, as the needs of the family change. Postpartum doulas do whatever a mother needs to best enjoy and care for her new baby. A large part of their role is education. They share information about baby care with parents, as well as teach siblings and partners to “mother the mother.” They can assist with breastfeeding education and refer when necessary. Postpartum doulas also make sure the mother is fed, well hydrated and comfortable.
Doula support can last anywhere from one or two visits to more than three months. Your Doula can visit during the day or in the evening and can occur daily, weekly, monthly or whatever works for the family.
Fiore Mama Postnatal Doula support can include:
- Help you to create a postnatal care plan, a guide for how you would like your fourth trimester to flow & Newborn Checklist, making sure you’ve got all the bits for bub
- A helping hand coming home from hospital
- Help with any light housework, light cleaning and errands
- Cooking & meal planning. Creating a Meal-Tree with your fiends and family
- Support sleep by helping with the baby so you can rest
- Assisting with siblings
- Share information about baby care
- Debrief your birth and help you record your birth story
- Postnatal massage for mum & nurture and care for the mother
- Feeding information for you to make the right choice for you and your family
- Postnatal concierge service – linking you up with a village of support
- Infant massage instruction
- Access to our Fiore Mama resource library and references
Packages* can include any of the above services and can be tailored to meet your specific needs. An example package could include:
- Initial Meet & Greet (ideally before the birth) [Free of Charge]
- Creating a Postnatal Care Plan, Newborn checklist & Concierge Service
- 60 minute in home postnatal remedial massage
- A 12 hour block of postnatal care visits (4 X 3hr visits or 6 x 2 hour visits) to be used within a 3 week period
You can also add services such as Placenta Encapsulation* and Benkung Belly binding*.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and putting together a package that fits you.
*Price on Application ~ Pricing reflects duration of service and can include travel and equipment costs.